Quick linksPMI Education Foundation (PMIEF)
Quick linksPMI Education Foundation (PMIEF)
2018 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY - FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2018
The event is over. Mahalo to all who participated! Please join us for the next one.
Thank you to all who also submitted feedback via the survey. Your feedback helps us to improve our events.
Download the 2018 PDD eBook here!
What it is:
In 2018, the planning team decided to do something new and different that would highlight PMI Honolulu, Hawaii Chapter, their PDD event, and feature Next Generation Students as conference reporters and photographers.
The reporters captured the event with observations, descriptions, highlights from each presentation, and testimonials from the audience.
Experience the event or relive it again through this book.
A'OHE HANA NUI KE ALU'IA
"No task is too big when done together"
The Project Management Institute® Honolulu Chapter is hosting its annual Professional Development Day and this year is special, it is our 20th Anniversary. To prepare for this special event, we interviewed and surveyed past attendees, speakers, sponsors, and the PMI Honolulu board to truly understand our customers. That led us to this year's program and the the overall theme of A'ohe Hana Nui Ke Alu'ia : No Task Is Too Big When Done Together.
We have three special tracks that align with our theme:
1) Career Pathways: Whether you are new to project management or an experienced PMO manager, this track will consider the career paths and options for advancement that are available to project managers, both inside and outside of the project management field. Come to be a part of the discussion about career planning and mentoring, and hear from local leaders that can share experiences about their own career paths and outcomes.
2) Practitioner Stories: This will be great case studies where people can tie back the lessons to their work. Stories from all industries - construction, tourism, military, IT, healthcare, etc. The tie back to the overall theme is don’t recreate the wheel, let’s learn together.
3) Creative Approaches: Creative approaches to solve problems of today – This is all about tried and true techniques, new emerging techniques, transformation of techniques and a mash-up of techniques and how to do them in the Real World! It’s not about silver bullets. It’s contextual, it’s real. As professionals we need more ways to solve problems and uncover opportunities in our dynamic, demanding and ever-changing environments. How do you work WITH your stakeholders to move projects to successful completion? How do you co-create? How do you build relationships and ohanas with your teams - while accomplishing amazing goals?
ABOUT THE EVENT
OUR ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY CONFERENCE IS OUR LARGEST AND MOST VALUABLE EVENT
Our 20th anniversary makes this year EXTRA special, you don't want to miss it!
Register, attend, and benefit from:
- High caliber speakers sharing their experience and insights
- Many talented professionals to meet and share best practices
- Building a personal plan for exceptional career results
- Earning up to 7 PDUs (self-reported)
- Resources for your organization's talent management program
- Military: We are offering a 25% discount ($60) for members of our military. Please contact us so that we can send you the discount code.
- Students: We are offering a special discounted rate ($100) for students. Please contact us for more information!
PDU reporting: This event will be a SELF-REPORT PDU event. Activities will be listed in the catalog and instructions will be provided to make it as easy as possible.
Policy for No-Shows: The PMI Honolulu Chapter may be held to a confirmed head count and must pay the venue for such confirmations. If you have registered but do not attend, your registration fee is non-refundable.
Policy for Cancellations: No cancellations or refunds permitted after 14 day prior to the event, including registration fees paid during that period.
Note: Cancellation requests eligible for a refund may incur a fee up to the cost of the registration, per registrant, to cover administrative costs.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images: Registration and attendance at, or participation in a workshop, conference, or event and any other activities to which PMI Honolulu is a party constitutes an agreement by the attendees or registrants to allow PMI Honolulu to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrants or attendee's image or voice, in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and audio of such events and activities.
|7-12pm||Registration (hours may change)|
|7:00 - 8:15am||Networking Breakfast|
|8:15 - 8:30am||Welcome & Openng Remarks|
|8:30 - 9:30am||Keynote|
|9:30 - 9:45am||Exhibits & Coffee Break|
|9:45 - 10:45am||Breakout Sessions 1|
|9:45 - 4:15pm||Open Space|
|10:45 - 10:50am||Switch Sessions|
|10:50 - 11:50am||Breakout Sessions 2|
|11:50 - 1:00pm||Lunch & Exhibits|
|1:00 - 2:00pm||Breakout Sessions 3|
|2:00 - 2:10pm||Exhibits & Coffee Break|
|2:10 - 3:10pm||Breakout Sessions 4|
|3:10 - 3:20pm||Exhibits & Coffee Break|
|3:20 - 4:20pm||Breakout Sessions 5|
|4:20 - 4:30pm||Exhibits & Coffee Break|
|4:30 -5:30pm||Closing Keynote - Learning Together|
|5:30 - 8:00pm||Pau Hana & Networking|
Updated September 14, 2018, subject to change