PMI® - ACP Exam Prep Course
In response to the many requests from our members we are delighted to partner with Tailwind Project Solutions to bring the first public PMI-ACP® Exam Prep course to Honolulu in September!
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® Exam Prep Course
- In response to the growing relevance of Agile methodology for all Project Managers, the Project Management Institute (PMI®) has begun offering the Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®) certification exam. The PMI-ACP® is PMI’s fastest growing certification, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower moving counterparts - 75 percent versus 56 percent - as shown in our 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
- This PMI-ACP® Exam Prep training course will thoroughly prepare Agile practitioners to sit for and pass the PMI-ACP® exam through instructor-led presentations, class discussions, games, exercises, and practice questions. The course is aligned with the PMI-ACP® Exam Content Outline (ECO) and provides everything needed to pass the exam.
- Course Duration: 3 days (21 contact hours, enough to meet the PMI-ACP certification education requirements; 21 PDUs applicable to the PMP certification).
- For more information ACP and other PMI certifications PDUs click here
- For more information about the ACP certification from PMI.org click here
Who should take this course?
This certification may be right for you if:
- You already use agile practices in your projects
- Your organization is planning to adopt an agile approach
- You wish to become a more versatile project manager
- You need to adapt more quickly to basic business needs
- You would like to take a more value and people-driven approach to projects
- You want to advance your career as a project manager
The PMI-ACP® exam prep course objectives are as follows:
- Explore, embrace, and apply agile principles and mindset within the context of the project team and organization
- Understand the value of delivering results by producing high-value increments for review, early and often, based on stakeholder priorities
- Understand how to produce and maintain an evolving plan, from initiation to closure, based on goals, values, risks, constraints, stakeholder feedback, and review findings
- Continuously identify problems, impediments, and risks; prioritize and resolve in a timely manner; monitor and communicate the problem resolution status, and implement process improvements to prevent them from occurring again
- Articulate the value of creating an environment of trust, learning, collaboration, and conflict resolution that promotes team self-organization enhances relationships among team members and cultivates a culture of high performance
- Understand the examination blueprint and how to answer examination questions
- Practice situational questions to uncover gaps in knowledge to improve exam performance
To obtain PMI-ACP® certification, an individual must satisfy educational and experiential requirements, agree to and adhere to a Code of Professional Conduct, and pass the PMI-ACP® Certification Examination.
- Pre-course live, online introduction with Dayle (your instructor) - what to expect!
- 3-day face-to-face exam prep course
- PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Workbook
- Accelerated Learning Techniques for stress-less Exam Prep
- WhatsApp Group Chat - with support from the instructor during your preparation
Additional suggested course materials available free for members of PMI®:
- PMBOK Guide - Sixth Edition
- Agile Practice Guide
Meet the instructor:
For over 25 years, Dayle has inspired excellence in thousands of people around the world by providing international best practice strategies, tools, and techniques derived from project management, business analysis, and coaching to drive successful organizational change initiatives and facilitate people, process, product and system improvements. Examples include:
- Founded and grew the E-business technologies practice for Motorola's internal consulting group. Led a team that engineered Motorola's global document management and collaboration solution used by tens of thousands of users daily.
- Improved processes related to a workforce development training company. Within 3 months, improved sales process by 20%, increased training attendance by 25% and certification by 75%.
- Developed and delivered targeted training of a global bank’s internal client-facing and operational team members during a multi-year, Business Transformation commercial credit card processor project.
Special Skills: Dayle is an adult educator, speaker, and author who has best-in-class project management, business analysis, process improvement, and quality analysis certifications. Her current certifications include:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
- Project Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB)
Here’s what participants in Dayle’s courses have to say:
“I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying the course. You are a terrific instructor! I am also a Red/Yellow learner, so your presentation style, info, and tips are really helping to make the information more memorable. Your use of change in voice, accelerated learning tips, questions, drills, and real-life examples really help make the class entertaining and engaging. I was a trainer in my former life, and I appreciate all of the techniques you are using for our benefit.”-M. Norman
“Dayle is an excellent instructor and coach. She helped me pass the PMP exam by focusing on my weak areas and guide me on where I should concentrate my studies. I am very pleased.” -M. A. Lyles, PMP
CERTIFIED AGILE PROJECT MANAGERS ARE IN GREAT DEMAND WORLDWIDE.
BECOME A PMI-ACP® AND BE PART OF AN ELITE CLUB OF PROFESSIONALS!
- $1,400.00 PMI Honolulu Hawaii Chapter Member - Early bird rate before July 31, 2019
- $1,500.00 PMI Honolulu Hawaii Chapter Member - after 11:59 pm July 31, 2019
- $1,400.00 PMI Honolulu Hawaii Chapter STUDENT member
- $1,500.00 Non-Member - Early bird rate before July 31, 2019
- $1,700.00 Non-Member - after 11:59 pm July 31, 2019
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It is no longer possible to register for this event