Certified ScrumMaster 2-Day Course
Certified ScrumMaster 2-Day Course in Honolulu, Hawaii offered by Platinum Edge
PMI Honolulu Hawaii Chapter Members get a great discount!
- 16 PDUs towards PMI's PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- 16 SEUs towards becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
PDU Breakdown: Technical: 6 - Leadership: 8 - Strategic: 2
PMI members use (case sensitive) coupon code above and receive $100 discount for this September CSM class only.
This is a 2-day event. Each day's hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Full participation is required for certification-no exceptions.
Go Platinum – and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum – just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
• Certified ScrumMaster training by Steve Ostermiller - Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), co-author of Agile Project Management For Dummies, and technical editor of Scrum For Dummies and Pearson Education's Agile Foundations Complete Video Course
• All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few consulting firms solely focused on agile transformation for almost 20 years
• Post-course assessment and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM®) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
• Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMP® and PMI-ACP® certifications by a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Registered Education Provider (REP)
• Sixteen (16) SEUs towards becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
• Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance, which includes the exam fee
• A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
This class is offered in partnership with PMI to support the local PM community.
This highly interactive certification course provides in-depth understanding of the Scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of Scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling. This course provides Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master certification, 16 PDUs toward PMP recertification and 16 PDUs toward PMI-ACP certification.
Scrum methods support responsive development that:
• Adapts to volatile business needs and ongoing refinement of business solutions
• Drives efficient and effective production
• Ensures closer adherence to customers’ real-world needs through streamlined planning
• Supports faster deployment of production-grade solutions so your organization can gain market advantage and business value
• Reduces project risk through rapid iterations of development that inform opportunity assessments
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of Scrum and its benefits.
Topics included in this course are:
• Agile foundational concepts
– Defined vs. Empirical process control
– The Agile Manifesto
– The 12 Agile Principles
– Product Owner
– Self-organized Team
• Scrum artifacts
– Product backlog
– Release burndown
– Sprint backlog
– Sprint burndown
• Scrum meetings
– Release planning
– Sprint planning
– Daily scrum
– Sprint review
– Sprint retrospective
• Requirements analysis
– Estimating and prioritizing product backlog items
– Technical debt
– Scaling across multiple teams and multiple geographies
– Tips on, techniques for, and benefits of helping clients and management understand the Scrum system
– How to transition into use of Scrum, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The maximum number of entries has been reached