PMI Honolulu 20th Anniversary Dinner & Celebration: The Best is Yet to Come
PMI Honolulu 20th Anniversary Dinner & Celebration: 'The Best is Yet to Come'
Title: Advancing Project Management in the Non-Profit World
Speaker: Phil Acosta, MBA, PMP
Event ID: C166-P1906210
PMI Talent Triangle: 1 Leadership PDU (Chapter member PDUs for will be auto-reported to PMI.org by PMI Honolulu, Hawaii Chapter)
More about this month's topic:
"Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?'" - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Join us for an engaging discussion as we endeavor to make a greater impact and provide value to the efforts of social services agencies and Non-profit Organizations (NPO) who address the most critical social issues in our community:
- Poverty & Homelessness – an ongoing social crisis that affects all residents and visitors to Hawaii
- Environment & Sustainability – a global issue with a particularly significant impact to our island State
- Elderly affairs & Kupuna care – a silver tsunami is coming, and we must care for our living treasures
- Programs serving the Youth - education, foster care, substance use prevention, human trafficking & exploitation
We can assist those in the trenches to achieve their mission-critical objectives by successfully initiating, designing, planning, controlling, executing, and monitoring projects. What can we do to help these groups build high-performing teams that can sustain their programs all while advancing our project management profession and integrating project management practices into the NPO domain Please join Phil at PMI HNL’s 20th Anniversary to find out!
Speaker Bio: Phil Acosta has worked on Information Technology projects of varying size, scope, and complexity for the past 18 years for the Department of Education, Department of Defense, and most recently the Department of Human Services. He received his MBA in Technology Management in 2006, earned his PMP certification and joined the PMI Honolulu Chapter in 2012. Currently, he serves as the Executive Director for ALEA Bridge, a Non-Profit Organization, with a focus on community outreach in Central Oahu, and addressing the homelessness issues through collaborative and comprehensive solutions. This organization is committed to providing assistance to Hawaii’s homeless and at-risk population, to help rebuild a life of HOPE, PURPOSE, and SUCCESS.
Please join us as we celebrate PMI Honolulu's 20th Anniversary
Includes 2 complimentary drink tickets! Members and guests are welcome! Speical 20th Anniversary gift for PMI Honoluu members!
Date & Time:
Friday, June 21, 2019 from 5:30 - 9:00 PM
Ka'ikena Restaurant @ Kapiolani Community College, Ohelo Building, 4304 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI, 96816 (Map)
- 5:30 - 6:30 PM: Registration and networking reception (pupus and 2 complimentary drink tickets good for beer or wine)
- 6:30 - 7:15 PM: Buffet Dinner
- 7:15 PM: Program. Look back over achievements of the past 20 years, guest speaker and long-time PMI HNL member Phil Acosta, and announcement of recipients for new Youth Project of the Year & Project Team of the Year! Qualifies for 1 PDU.
Dinner Menu - who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?!
PMI HNL Chapter Member
- $35.00 - Earlybird rate before June 14, 2019
- $45.00 - after 11:59 pm June 14, 2019
PMI HNL Chapter Student Member
- $50.00 Non-Member - Earlybird rate before June 14, 2019
- $60.00 Non-Member - after 11:59 pm June 14, 2019
For any questions, Contact our chapter Programs Director.
It is no longer possible to register for this event